Friday 3 December 2010

Why am I starting a blog?


I've been resisting blogging for a long time but I have to come to the realisation that we are in a technological age where the internet is becoming a whole different way of communication. The benefits: access to knowledge you would not previously have been able to get and an ability to communicate easily with people all over the world. So what is the disadvantage? I would say the tendency to become 'obsessive' with technology to the extent that computer relationships replace 'live' ones and nobody has any 'real' time. So though I rather like pen and paper, telephones and some of the 'old ways' of communicating (I really enjoyed writing a letter the other week - when was the last time you did that?!)...There is a reason I would now like to blog...

I'm learning a lot about worshipping my creator God at the moment and feel a greater hunger for the things of God and want to know the Holy Spirit's power more in my life. I want to hear His voice more clearly and not allow the busyness of life to cause me to draw away from Him. Are you hungry? My desire for this blog is that it would encourage you in your walk with the Lord as I share my random ramblings. And hopefully your comments and thoughts will also encourage me in my walk too. We are on a wonderful adventurous journey with Jesus...through the highs and the lows he wants to talk to us. I am so glad because I certainly couldn't do life on my own. 

So Jesus help me use this blog in a way that glorifies you. Amen
 

No comments:

Post a Comment